Do you have 20 different diet books? Have you tried all 20 and another 10 that you downloaded from the internet? Do you diet to get ready for the beach, a wedding or other events and then eat everything in sight after? Do you look at yourself with judgement and self-loathing?
DO YOU WANT TO FINALLY LOSE WEIGHT AND EAT WHAT YOU WANT? Yes, you read that right!
The problem isn’t lack of information. If anything we are so overwhelmed by information, what to do, what not to do, eat this not that and the wrong ideals of what healthy looks like.
Our perception about what is healthy and beautiful has been jaded by social media and the media in general. In a world of Kardashians why can’t we be a Marilyn Monroe? Both have their issues but one makes others believe you need to be perfect and the other embraces who she is. All her flaws and her curvy voluptuous figure.
When did it become ok for others to set a standard for how we should feel about ourselves? When did it become ok to want to be or look like someone else? At the end of the day, we are who we are. We will never be like any other human being on this earth. For many reasons and we shouldn’t want to be like anyone else.
When transforming your health, you need to ask yourself:
- The Why underneath the why. What is your goal? Why that is important to you. Seems like a lot but when I start my health coaching program with clients, this is the first thing we do. I wanted to share this with you because knowing your real why is key to your success.
- What is causing you to not reach your goals? What are you doing each day to make permanent change? Besides the regular calorie in calorie out routine.
- How are you approaching your health? Are you rushing your meals? Are you present in your meals? Are you stressed or uneasy while eating and are honoring your hunger?
- When are you eating? Are you eating when your digestion is optimal? Are you skipping meals or eating when you are distracted?
- Where are you eating? Are you organized in your day, or is your scheduled cluttered? Is your workspace and home cluttered? This could be lack of organization in time. Balancing out your schedule so that you have balance is key.
- Who are you when you are eating? This is the biggest problem with overeating, binge eating, chronic dieting, emotional eating and compulsive eating.
Most of you think that it is all on calories in and calories out. All about a meal plan and how hard you workout but if it worked it would have already. You wouldn’t have to keep doing what you are doing, that up and down of weight loss and weight gain.
One of the many tools I use for clients is the metabolic theory. It is simple but yet makes sense to what you are. This is a WHAT tool to help you make change based on what you are. No fad diet or workout can change you if you aren’t doing what is best for you.
Metabolic Type A
- If you’re a Type A, you love salty food, such as potato chips, and are also prone to anxiety. What you probably don’t realize is that frequent bouts of anxiety may actually be caused by your body’s reaction to eating salty or fatty foods. As a Type A, you also have a strong appetite, experience fatigue often, are talkative, and possess an outgoing personality.
o What To Eat:
- You burn proteins more efficiently than carbs, so focus on high-quality proteins and fats and eat a lower amount of carbs
Metabolic Type B
- If you’re a Type B, you have a strong penchant for sweets – candy, ice cream, cookies, cake, you name it. Your body is actually crying out for healthy carbs, but you’re craving sugar instead. As a Type B, you also possess a relatively weak appetite, are sensitive, driven, organized, sometimes stressed, have a caffeine dependency, and may also struggle with your weight.
o What To Eat:
- You do best on a low-fat, relatively low-protein diet that includes mainly good carbs, plenty of fruits and vegetables, and whole grains
- Be aware that you need low-protein as opposed to no-protein. Choose low-purine proteins that are light and lean: white-meat poultry, white fish, such as cod or flounder, and plant-based proteins including lentils and chickpeas.
- Eat low-fat forms of dairy such as cheese, yogurt and milk.
- To reduce your dependency on caffeine, substitute green tea for coffee
Metabolic Type C
- If you are unable to determine whether you’re are a Type A or B and like both sweet and salty foods equally, you’re probably a Type C. Type C’s are mixed types who have fluctuating appetites, can experience fatigue, anxiety and nervousness, may suffer aches and pains, and have little trouble with weight control.
o What To Eat:
- You can metabolize proteins, carbs and fats equally, so meals can be ⅓ protein, ⅓ carbs and ⅓ fats (all high-quality of course)
Now keep in mind just like the Blood typing diet theory (which I use as well depending on the client), it is not set in stone. And it may even change as you age. It has for me. But it is a great start to get you on board with what works without a strict and absurd diet.
Losing weight has become something that is no longer easy. Three factors causing this are:
- Stress is at its highest. We are constantly over stimulated and not releasing it. This takes a toll on your body and will cause belly fat and other weight loss issues. Especially as we age. Our adrenal glands don’t work like they use to. As we age so do our organs and glands. In order to avoid aging health issues, reducing stress is key to a healthy nervous system and endocrine system.
- Balancing insulin. This is something that has been out there for a long time. But diets that exclude carbs, high protein, high fat, low fat, no protein etc screw up our insulin levels even more. Why? Because when we try to move off of our routine our bodies react negatively. We end up creating intolerances and sensitivities. Again this is a when you eat issue as much as what you eat, and how you eat. This is a huge process in my health coaching program. The how you eat can change your life. Eat what you want without the consequences you fear so much.
- Better Digestion. This is affected by the above but other steps can be taken to change this. Poor digestion will create lack of weight loss. It will create lack of energy. Lack of energy will create lack of motivation and drive to change. Proper digestion starts with our senses. The cephalic phase of gastric secretion occurs even before food enters the stomach, especially while it is being eaten. It results from the sight, smell, thought, or taste of food, and the greater the appetite, the more intense is the stimulation. I work with clients on improving this phase of digestion.
Your first step should be figuring out where to start! I am currently, until the end of December, offering a FREE Total Body Breakthrough session to help women make a “BREAKTHROUGH”.
In this session, you will discover:
- What’s been stopping you, slowing you down or keeping you from having the body you want
- A powerful vision for your Body Transformation, and what it will mean you and for your life
- Which foods and lifestyle habits are bringing your body down…and what to do about it
- A step-by-step plan to create a Total Body Transformation in 90 days or less
If you or someone you love could benefit from losing weight, gaining energy, and transforming your body, then message me today to book your session! firstname.lastname@example.org
Another reason you may have difficulty losing weight is the accumulation of toxins in your body. People will argue that our body naturally detoxifies, which is true. But it was made to detoxify in a more simple form than what we do to our bodies now. Chemicals, steroids and antibiotics in our foods. Drugs and over supplementation. Over stressing ourselves. I could go on and on. Add all that up and your body can only do so much.
Here are some signs you are full of toxins:
- belly bloat
- painful gas
- frequent belching
- joint and muscle aches
- muscle tension
- soreness or cramps
- warts or other skin eruptions
- inability to concentrate
- foggy brain
- mood swings
- cardiovascular irregularities
- weight gain or loss
- flu-like symptoms
- allergic reactions including hives, stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, and coughing
I have a 14 Day RESET CLEANSE that ensures a great start to making positive change. This cleanse is a pathway to release toxins and excess bloat from your tissues, reset your digestive system and renew your baseline of well-being. You will learn how food affects the way you feel, how to attune to your body’s unique needs and activate your natural healing potential.
Click here http://carmenshawn.com/in-good-health-14-day-reset-cleanse/ for more details on why it is important to do this cleanse. Not only do you rid yourself of toxins but you learn what your high energy foods are and what foods drag you down! So important to know moving forward!
The key thing about change is that ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHOW UP FOR YOURSELF!
Book your complimentary TOTAL BODY BREAKTHROUGH SESSION today!